As a winner of the prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2012 for Innovation and International Trade, RACELOGIC is a dynamic and highly successful company which provides real career opportunities for its staff.
Since its formation in 1992, RACELOGIC has always realised that its strength lies in the skills and expertise of its people and works hard to give them the opportunities to shine. Operating an open and honest culture, where individuals are trusted to work with the minimum of supervision, has meant that RACELOGIC has been able to continue its growth despite the global financial downturn.
With more than 85% of its products being exported around the world, RACELOGIC is not reliant on one market for its growth. Instead its global network of distributors and dealers ensure that potential customers in 94 different countries can see the value of investing in RACELOGIC products.
If you join RACELOGIC in the UK, Germany or the United States, you can expect to work as part of a young, innovative team who take a real pride in their work.
We are currently looking for a:
Racelogic require a technical author/technical trainer to help instruct our global customer base in getting the most from our range of products.
In 2014 we invested in Mindtouch, an online self-service customer support portal, and we have now successfully migrated all of our product documentation and user guides across to this platform. This site now receives more than a thousand user enquiries per week and the number is growing all the time.
This role is being created to give a single point of ownership for the racelogic.support site and to take it into the next phase of development as a true knowledgebase and central repository for all product information.
This will involve collating information from various sources and in various media to produce a cohesive, searchable resource that continues to be the first place to look for all Racelogic customers, our global distributors and Racelogic staff.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Collaborate with product managers, software developers and hardware designers to clarify technical issues
• Create and publish online technical documentation, user guides, and knowledgebase articles
• Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, charts, and videos to increase user understanding
• Gather usability feedback from customers
• Revise existing articles as new features are developed
• Work with translators for the multi lingual elements of our support centre
• Write context sensitive help to embed within our software products
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• A feel for words and a good command of grammar and vocabulary
• A concern for verbal consistency and an appreciation of tone and style
• An enquiring mind with attention to detail
• An ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and anticipate the reader's knowledge gaps
• Accuracy and a methodical approach to work
• The ability to express instructions clearly and briefly in simple English
• Good documentation skills and the ability to produce visually attractive instructions
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, to gather information from and for people
• The ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of computers and other communication tools
• Experience of creating short instructional video clips
• Photoshop, Inkscape or any other photo or video editing software experience
Whilst a degree is not essential for this role you will likely have a formal qualification in English, IT, journalism or communications. In return you will receive full product training and work as part of a multidisciplinary team that really cares about its customers.
No recruitment agencies please!