As a winner of the prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2012 for Innovation and International Trade, RACELOGIC is a dynamic and highly successful company which provides real career opportunities for its staff.
Since its formation in 1992, RACELOGIC has always realised that its strength lies in the skills and expertise of its people and works hard to give them the opportunities to shine. Operating an open and honest culture, where individuals are trusted to work with the minimum of supervision, has meant that RACELOGIC has been able to continue its growth despite the global financial downturn.
With more than 85% of its products being exported around the world, RACELOGIC is not reliant on one market for its growth. Instead its global network of distributors and dealers ensure that potential customers in 94 different countries can see the value of investing in RACELOGIC products.
If you join RACELOGIC in the UK, Germany or the United States, you can expect to work as part of a young, innovative team who take a real pride in their work.
We are currently looking for a ...
PCB Layout Engineer (UK)
Working as a part of the existing product design team you will be responsible for the design and development of microelectronics circuits for future Racelogic products. The role includes:
- Analogue/digital PCB layout design including design constraints, placement, routing, Gerber file (RS274x ) creation, manipulation & verification and component footprint editing
- Working with the design engineers to assist with hardware debugging, using oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers and other test equipment
- Assistance in the generation of supporting technical documentation (e.g. assembly drawings, BoMs, manufacturing packs)
- Organizing, participating in and documenting design reviews
- Regular reporting of project progress
The successful candidate should have the following experience:
- A diploma or degree in a related engineering discipline
- 2+ years' overall multi-layer PCB design experience (2 – 4+ layers typically) in a commercial environment
- 2+ years' experience of Cadence Allegro and OrCAD design software
- Knowledge of and experience in routing common serial communication bus protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C, CAN bus, RS232)
- A proven track record in both analogue and digital layout and design for test and manufacture
- Understanding of signal integrity, impedance control, EMC and ESD
- A good understanding of the PCB manufacturing process (both substrate and assembly level)
You should also be able to demonstrate and give evidence at interview of:
- Team working
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Being organised and self-motivated with the ability to work under time-scale pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to participate in technical discussions and understand & discuss complex ideas
- Desire to learn and understand the fundamentals inherent in our designs i.e. high accuracy GPS
Some knowledge of GNSS and/or automotive industry applications would be advantageous. Experience in writing technical documentation would be desirable.
Production Operative (UK)
Working as a part of our established production team you will be responsible for the assembly and testing of small batches of our range of products, for which you would be required to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to solder connectors to cable assemblies
- Be able to follow written process instructions
- Basic computer skills with experience of the Microsoft office suite
The successful candidate should have experience of soldering small PCB surface mount components gained in a commercial environment.
You should also be able to demonstrate, and give evidence at interview of, your attention to detail and a focus on quality with the ability to work to build schedules and meet deadlines.
No recruitment agencies please!