The CANTran from RACELOGIC is a small interface device used to generate a wheel speed pulse and engine rpm pulse using the CAN Bus of a vehicle. This is useful for interfacing various electronic devices to modern cars which no longer have a conventional signal available.
Each CANTran unit contains a database of many different vehicles and will automatically recognise the vehicle type it is fitted to, so there is nothing for the user to configure. The CANTran is mainly used for providing a speed pulse to aftermarket GPS Navigation systems and driving Taxi meters. Other uses include data logging for test and development, telematics, and vehicle tracking.
Recognised manufacturer examples are: Mercedes, BMW, VAG, Porsche, Ferrari, SAAB, Vauxhall, Jaguar, Fiat, Alfa, Renault, Citroen, and Peugeot.
Whilst RACELOGIC manufacture and design this device, CanTran is sold exclusively through one distributor:
Sailes Marketing Ltd
15 Aintree Road, Keytec 7 Business Park, Pershore, WR10 2JN Worcs, United Kingdom
Tel : +44 (0) 1386 554210
Fax : +44 (0) 1386 552461
- Frequency approximately: 0.62 Hz per every 1 kph (1 Hz per every 1 mph)
- Output voltage: 12V square wave
- Minimum speed approximately: 3 kph (1.7 mph)
- Approximate pulses per km: 2240 (per mile: 3600)
- Fully compatible with the ISO11898 standard
- Bus lines protected against transients in an automotive environment
- Differential receiver with wide common-mode range for high immunity against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Slope control to reduce Radio Frequency Interference (RFI)
- Supply voltage: 12V (from ignition or switched line)
- Short-circuit proof to battery and ground
- Approximate current draw: 30 mA
- Warranty: 12 months
CAN Speed Interface
The RACELOGIC CAN Speed Interface is a convenient method of obtaining engine speed and road speed from almost any vehicle with a CAN Bus. An optional cable is available for use with a vehicle's OBD socket, for those that carry relevant CAN information on their diagnostic ports.
See the CAN Speed Interface Datasheet for more information.
The CAN Display from Racelogic is a small backlit LCD display capable of displaying any parameter that is sent on a CAN Bus in real time. You can either program it with your own database, or use one that comes supplied with the unit.
The internal database covers basic parameters like engine RPM, throttle, and wheelspeeds for the following makes: Mercedes, BMW, VAG, Porsche, Ferrari, SAAB, Nissan, Mazda, Vauxhall, Jaguar, Fiat, Alfa, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and Toyota.
As well as being able to monitor a number of parameters on the CAN Bus, the CAN Display will also output one of these parameters as an analogue voltage.
This makes the CAN Display into a CAN to analogue converter, and if you use the internal database, it is a very convenient method of obtaining Engine RPM or roadspeed from a vehicle.
- All baud rates covered including user defined rates
- Normal and extended identifiers
- DBC input facility
- Internal database covering a large selection of makes
- Graph display
- Bar graph display
- Text display
- Programmable CAN message output
- Selectable Analogue output 0-5v