As a winner of the prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2012 for Innovation and International Trade, RACELOGIC is a dynamic and highly successful company which provides real career opportunities for its staff.
Since its formation in 1992, RACELOGIC has always realised that its strength lies in the skills and expertise of its people and works hard to give them the opportunities to shine. Operating an open and honest culture, where individuals are trusted to work with the minimum of supervision, has meant that RACELOGIC has been able to continue its growth despite the global financial downturn.
With more than 85% of its products being exported around the world, RACELOGIC is not reliant on one market for its growth. Instead its global network of distributors and dealers ensure that potential customers in 94 different countries can see the value of investing in RACELOGIC products.
If you join RACELOGIC in the UK, Germany or the United States, you can expect to work as part of a young, innovative team who take a real pride in their work.
We are currently looking for a ...
Racelogic is looking for a new software engineer to join their existing team of four firmware developers creating firmware for its range of GNSS-centric products.
Historically Racelogic has used bare metal programming in its products to create efficient, low latency code for processing high volumes of data using lower specification processors mainly from ARM. However recent product designs are using newer processors from Zylinx and Texas Instruments and have started to move across to embedded Linux - the plan is to build on this with future products.
The successful candidate will likely have come from a background where they have interfaced regularly with hardware designers and will understand PCB schematics and layouts. They will need good C/C++ skills and will have developed using Linux either in an embedded environment or on a PC.
- C/C++ software experience gained in a commercial environment
- Linux development, especially embedded using version 2.6.37 and later
- Coding in multi-process and multi-threaded environments
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
Additional experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Experience with soft and near real-time constraints
- Experience working with GNSS data
- Experience of multi-core processors, in particular asymmetric multicore processors
- Experience with version control systems, in particular Subversion and Git
- Knowledge of video and/or audio data handling
- Experience parsing custom scripts
As a result of continued growth, we require an additional Software Developer C# to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the successful candidate will work within a small team responsible for writing high quality C# code for a range of interesting new and existing applications using Microsoft technologies.
The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience of C# and some experience of WPF would be useful. Knowledge of MVC would be an advantage.
As our main markets are in the automotive and motorsport arena an interest in cars or motorsport would be an advantage but isn’t essential.
- Entity Framework
- Apple (Objective C, Swift)
This role will be split into the following parts:
- Technical support of our products by providing telephone, e-mail and Skype based responses to our global customer base and network of distributors.
- Technical documentation updates and also creation of new documentation when new hardware or software is released.
- Product testing for the entire Racelogic product range including software, firmware and hardware (requires a full UK driving licence).
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and is self-motivated, able to work with the minimum of supervision, and has the ability to multi-task.
Essential requirements for this role:
- A clear, concise writing technique and a polite telephone manner
- Customer service experience in either a retail or office environment
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting – probably gained in a hardware or software support environment
- A positive attitude and good team working skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
One or more of the following would also be beneficial:
- An understanding of vehicle data acquisition
- Exposure to vehicle CAN and GPS technologies
- Technology testing experience
- Basic electronics knowledge
Candidates will be required to undertake a basic online aptitude test and may be asked to complete a Belbin® Self Perception Inventory to understand their team role as part of the interview process.
Salary and bonus will be commensurate with experience and you will be able to participate in the employee share scheme once you have completed your probationary period.
No recruitment agencies please!