Salary & Compensation
We know that to attract the best people we need to offer a competitive salary and bonus package.
Through constant monitoring of the job market we know what your skills are worth and make sure our salaries keep pace.
As all our sales and profit data is readily available, online to all employees our profit related bonus scheme is transparent and easy to understand.
Based on the edge of the rural market town of Buckingham our offices are modern, light and air conditioned with high speed internet access to every desk.
There is ample car parking and we have bike racks, storage lockers and showers for those that prefer to ride, run or walk to the office.
Nespresso coffee, filtered water on tap and fresh fruit help you get through the day, whilst regular catered lunches help promote a team spirit between departments.
Work Life Balance
Work is important but we know that it isn’t everything. We offer 25 days paid holiday per year plus public holidays. Whilst our ‘flexi-hours’ scheme allows you to start a bit earlier, or even a bit later, in the mornings to help with child care or your personal fitness regime.
We also allow you to take time off to attend appointments without sacrificing your valuable holiday.
Aside from a competitive salary and profit related bonus we offer a range of benefits to suit you and your lifestyle.
Our enhanced Aviva pension scheme exceeds the minimum contributions required for automatic enrolment.
Whilst our Vitality health care scheme gives you, and your family, comprehensive private healthcare it also encourages you to keep healthy and active with rewards such as free Starbucks coffee, free cinema tickets and a range of healthy living discounts.
Our employee share purchase scheme lets you take a stake in our success whilst our cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers take advantage of salary sacrifice
Racelogic has grown steadily since its formation in 1992 and now employees more than 100 people across four locations. We believe in developing our people and helping them grow both personally and professionally. More than 50% of the current team have been here for more than five years which is unusual in such a high-tech industry.
We reward talented individuals with a degree of autonomy allowing you to add value to the business and giving you space to grow. We regularly review your ambitions and try to give you projects and assignments that propel you forward.
Training options range from online/self paced learning for new skills to participation in weekly internal training sessions and more formal off-site programmes.
A Winning Team
Innovation is at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to create exciting new products that delight our customers and help them achieve their goals. Whether it is shortening the time taken to test a new autonomous car, shaving a tenth of a second off their lap time or just helping them get their latest product to market – we are creating solutions daily.
There is never a shortage of new ideas at Racelogic and we aren’t short of the cash to invest in R&D - we just have a shortage of people to help us turn our ideas into products.
What Our Employees Say
Read all employee reviews on Glassdoor.
At the moment we are looking for an ...
This varied role will include providing hardware support to our global customer base and network of distributors via telephone, email and skype to assist in the fault diagnosis and repair of hardware. In addition, the role will involve the calibrating of customer equipment, along with the assembly and test of Racelogics’ range of products.
In addition to being keen to learn, candidates must have recent experience of working within an electronics manufacturing and/or product servicing environment and be able to demonstrate the following skill set;
- A clear, concise writing technique and polite telephone manner
- A detailed understanding of electronics and circuit design
- Ability to carry out both surface mount and through hole soldering
- Ability to fault find to component level
- Experience of using test and measurement equipment
- Attention to detail to accurately follow documented assembly and test procedures
- A flexible approach to working activities, working on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent punctuality and timekeeping
- Qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in Electronics
Please read the full role description here.
Customer Support Technician
This role involves the technical support of our products by providing telephone, e-mail and Skype based responses to our global customer base and network of distributors.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and is self-motivated, able to work with the minimum of supervision, and has the ability to multi-task.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Has worked in the OEM automotive or Motorsport industries and has had some experience of vehicle data analysis, vehicle testing or race data analysis/telemetry
- A clear, concise writing technique and a polite telephone manner
- Customer service experience
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A positive attitude and good team working skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
One or more of the following would also be beneficial:
- An understanding of vehicle data acquisition techniques
- Exposure to vehicle CAN and GPS technologies
- Technology testing experience
- Basic electronics knowledge
Please read the full role description here.